Rules and Regulations
CONDUCT & DISCIPLINE
Students enrolled at Hoysala College must recognize their responsibilities towards the faculty, office staff and fellow students. Failure to maintain appropriate standards of conduct will attract disciplinary action.
The College believes that duty, decorum and discipline are the hallmarks of a good student. Students with such qualities alone can prove to be productive manpower with an appreciable value system. Therefore erring students would be subjected to certain disciplinary code. The following acts, would be deemed to be acts of indiscipline - any overt or covert act leading to ragging and eve teasing, disruption of class room activities or disturbing the studies of other students or marring the operations of the college or its educational activities or harming the health or safety of staff or students or damaging the college property or possession of any intoxicants or illicit drugs or weapons in the college campus, misconduct during examination, production of false information or documents for admission purpose and the failure to return loaned materials or settle debts with the college.
Prohibition of Ragging
Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited. If any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the authority, the concerned student shall be given liberty to explain and if his explanation is not found satisfactory, the authority would expel him from the institution.
The College will not show
any mercy to a misbehaving student and would initiate disciplinary action
whenever occasion demands. At the time of admission, every student
and his/her parent/guardian shall be required to sign a declaration to the
effect that he/she submits himself/herself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of
the Principal and the other authorities of the College.
All powers relating to
discipline among the students are vested in the Principal/Management. The
Principal may delegate all or any of his/her powers as he/she deems proper to
any of the Officers of the College specified by him/her. The Principal's
decision shall be the final in all matters of punishment of the students for
violation of any of the rules and regulations of the College.
Specific Rules for Student Discipline
1. Students are expected to use only courteous and polite language and behave with decorum with the faculty members and the staff of the College.
2. Students shall avoid using any insulting, inciting, threatening language when talking with fellow students and should abstain themselves from violence.
3. Students shall not talk or act in any manner outside the institution in a way that would bring disrepute to the College.
4. The students shall be regular and punctual in attending classes and all activities connected with the College.
5. Gathering in groups at roads, entrance, exit and pathways is strictly prohibited.
6. The students shall observe strict silence in the class irrespective of the presence or absence of the faculty member.
7. No student is permitted to leave the classroom during class hours.
8. Students should not leave the class or attend it late under the pretext of paying fees, visiting the library etc.
9. Students are expected to read notices/circulars displayed on the College Notice Board. Ignorance of not reading any notice/circular thus displayed shall not be accepted as an excuse failing to comply with the directions contained in it.
10. All vehicles should be parked in the allotted place. Vehicles found parked in unauthorized places shall be impounded.
11. While attending College functions, the students will conduct themselves in such a way as to bring credit to themselves and to the institution.
12. Spitting, smoking and throwing bits of paper inside the college campus is prohibited.
13. Students are forbidden from entering the college office and the staff rooms during unspecified hours.
14. Students are prohibited from damaging the building or any other property of the College in any way. The cost of any damage so caused will be recovered from the students collectively if the responsibility for it cannot be fixed on any individual or group of individuals.
15. Representation of complaints and grievances may be made individually to the Principal through the Class Teacher concerned or Discipline-cum-Grievance Committee.
16. No meeting/function of any kind shall be held in the College premises without the written permission of the Principal.
17. No notice of any kind shall be circulated among students or displayed on black boards or on notice board without the written permission of the Principal. No information or report should be sent to press or broadcasting agencies without the permission and approval of the Principal.
18. The Principal will deal strictly with students who play a leading part, by organizing or assisting, in strikes.
19. The students are expected to take up all assignments, tests and examinations of this College/University seriously and would try to perform the best.
20. Misconduct during examination, production of false information or documents for admission purpose and the failure to return loaned materials or settling debts with the College would be seriously dealt with.
21. In this campus various courses are conducted simultaneously and hence, students should observe SILENCE within the campus.
22. Ragging and Eve Teasing are considered as crime and strictly prohibited by an act promulgated by the Government of Karnataka. If any student indulges in any form of ragging or Eve-Teasing inside the College premises or outside, he/she will be summarily expelled from the College.
23. Each student of this College must possess Student Identity Card with his/her photograph affixed on it, duly attested by the Principal. The students must compulsorily wear the Student Identity Card inside the College Campus.
24. Students shall come clean, tidy and modestly dressed in College Uniform. Students not in College Uniform would be marked as absent for that particular day. If non-adherence to this rule is reported against a student often, severe action may be initiated against him/her.
25. Use of mobile phones within the College campus is strictly banned. Violation of this rule by any student would result in impounding of the Cell phone and strict disciplinary action against the student.
26. Students should not involve themselves either directly or indirectly in any form of politics either inside or outside the College during their period of study. If a student fails to comply with this regulation, strict disciplinary action will be initiated against the student which may even result in the rustication of the student from the College.
27. Hairstyles and mustaches, Beard and side burn must be clean with neatly groomed and must not distract the learning environment. Any hairstyle that distracts the college environment will be dealt by the designee of the college.
28. Chewing bubble gum, chocolates and Student’s roaming outside the classroom during the lecture hour is strictly prohibited.
29. Students should park their vehicles only in the space meant for parking. Helmet and Driving License are mandatory.
For Boys : Faded/Ripped/low-waist jeans, Balloon/Track Pants, Pencil fit, Shorts, clothes with cuts or holes or sleeveless, Frayed / dirty / wrinkled / Transparent / tight outfit clothes, Midriff shirts, tube-top dresses, dresses above knee length, flipflops / slippers, Bracelets / Earrings, Pony Tails, Long/Colored hair and visible body piercing
For Girls :Tight-fitting jeans, torn trousers touching the floor, Skirts, shorts, Tops – Revealing deep / Spaghetti / Sleeveless / Side cut/ Short, Shirts, Tshirts, Transparent/ Tight outfits, Netted Shawl / Hands
1. Students should attend all classes regularly and punctually.
2. Students must be punctual to each lecture hour. Students coming late to the class by more than five minutes will not be given attendance for that period.
3. Although the University prescribes a minimum of 75% of attendance, the College insists on regular attendance in all classes.
4. A student with less than 75% of attendance will not be eligible to write the Semester Examinations of the University.
5. Students are not permitted to absent themselves without prior permission.
6. An application for leave must be submitted in the prescribed form well in advance or at least a day before the leave is required.
7. When absence without prior permission is unavoidable the leave application must be submitted on the day of return to the College after the leave period.
8. Even with prior permission, if a student absents oneself, even for a single hour, he/she would be considered as absent for the whole session.
9. Absence without leave for even a part of the day will be counted as absence for one day.
10. Students without Identity Card & proper Uniform will be marked absent.
11. If a student absents himself/herself for three consecutive days without leave his/her name will be removed from the rolls.
12. Removal of the names from the rolls shall entail forfeiture of attendance till the date of re-admission.
13. In case of any violation of rules and regulations by the student, action initiated against the student may include a warning or a reprimand, awarding a fail mark for an assignment or course, suspension or expulsion from a particular class or from the College, withholding of official documents, withdrawal of campus privileges and any other action which the College authorities deem appropriate at that time.
Copyright © 2014 - All Rights Reserved - Hoysala College
Designed By Chokkalingam